Here are some travel updates.
✈️ The UK Lockdown
The UK has announced that there will be a 4-week lockdown starting 5 November until 2 December.
We are yet to receive further information from Airlines regarding affected flights.
We advise that you remain patient and we would inform you as soon as we get more information if your flight is affected. If you choose to make changes to your booking(s) now, the airline may view it as a voluntary change and normal airline rules will apply.
For more information on travelling to the UK during this lockdown, click here
✈️ Ethiopian Airlines Flight Requirements to China
Ethiopian airlines has updated their COVID-19 requirements for passengers flying to China.
They are as follows:
- Effective 8 November 2020, all passengers must have a compulsory layover in Addis Ababa
- Passengers should have both nucleic acid and IgM antibody tests within 48 hours before boarding flights and should have a negative COVID-19 certificate
- Passengers will undergo additional COVID-19 tests in Addis Ababa upon transit. This test will be paid for by Ethiopian Airlines
- Both test results upon departure and in transit will be authenticated by Chinese consulate/Embassy in the country of test (Green Health codes with “HS” mark or Certificates of negative results)
- All previously issued tickets have to be exchanged to be rebooked with an overnight connection in Addis Ababa
- For transit testing at Addis Ababa, both testing fee and overnight accommodation will be covered by Ethiopian Airlines.
Search, compare prices, and book all your local & international flights here at Discountshub